|Privacy and Terms
1. HostMax claims no control whatsoever
over the content of the information passing through the HostMax
WEB SYSTEM. HostMax makes no warranties of any kind, whether
expressed or implied, for the service it is providing. HostMax
also disclaims any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular
2. HostMax will not be responsible for any damage
you suffer. This includes loss of data resulting from delays, non-deliveries,
or service interruptions caused by its own negligence or your errors or
3. HostMax WEB HOSTING SYSTEM may only be used
for lawful purposes. Transmission of any material in violation of any
Federal, Provincial or local regulation is prohibited. This includes,
but is not limited to copyrighted material, material legally judged to
be threatening or obscene, or material protected by trade secret.
4. We do not permit adult material of any form (including
but not limited to images, text, sound, video, etc) to be published through
this site. Further, you are not permitted to distribute material promoting
hatred against individuals or groups or any content which may be deemed
to be illegal according to the laws of Canada. We reserve the right to
decline requests for web space rentals and to cancel any account at our
discretion. You are also not permitted to distribute material promoting
any form of network abuse (Such as bulk spam mailers, sniffers, or hacking
tools). See article 4 below.
5. At HostMax and its officer's discretion, access
to HostMax WEB HOSTING SYSTEM may be revoked at any time for
abusive conduct on the system and/or the Internet and its resources as
a whole. HostMax and its officer's are deemed as authority to
define abusive conduct to the system, and definitions may periodically
change or be amended to previous ones.
6. You may not compile or install binary files other than
the ones provided on the system. We do not make C compilers available
for our web clients, and the PERL binaries provided will *not* have networking
support (for example, socket.ph, ftp.pl, etc.) However, if there is any
program which you'd like added to the available system binaries or scripts
please check with your sales representative to arrange approval.
7. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless HostMax
from any claims resulting from your use of the service which damages you
or another party.
8. Use of any information obtained via HostMax
WEB HOSTING SYSTEM is at your own risk. HostMax specifically
denies any responsibility for the accuracy or quality of information obtained
through its services.
9. Telnet and Shell Access is strictly prohibited.
10. You may use ftp to access your home directory for the
purpose of installing and editing your web pages as often as necessary.
11. These Terms and Conditions supersede all previous representations
understandings or agreements and shall prevail notwithstanding and variance
with terms and conditions of any order submitted.
12. If a website is in the process of exceeding a total
of 150 MB of Disk Space on HostMax or the traffic is deemed higher
than averages, the web content will require being transplanted onto the
Heavy User Server, a Managed Server or a possible alternative.
13. HostMax reserves the right to suspend without
prior notification, accounts which are deemed to be a threat to the functionality
or existence of HostMax WEB HOSTING SYSTEM.
14. HostMax will provide a 30 day money back guarantee.
The 30 days start from the earliest of - the day we receive the electronic
order form, the day customer signs up via fax. In any case, the set-up
fee, extra bandwidth and extra storage space charges are not refundable.
15. Cancellations will NOT generate ANY refund.
16. If any HostMax account is generating web traffic
considered unusually high, we may require the site to be placed on a Heavy
User server Virtual Server. We reserve the right to make this determination
at our discretion.
17. Use of HostMax WEB HOSTING SYSTEM constitutes
acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
1. EasyMail E-Mail Accounts are restricted to a maximum
size of 10MBytes of space on the EasyMail e-mail server. If this space
is exceeded, this may result in e-mail being lost or your account being
suspended or terminated.
2. EasyMail E-Mail Accounts are restricted to a maximum
e-mail transfer of 7MB per Mail Server request. This is restricted by
the Mail Server.
3. Deletions of EasyMail Accounts are queued for execution
once a day (overnight).
DOMAIN PARKING / RESERVATIONS
1. There is no charge for indefinite parking of domains
on HostMax servers. However, in the event a domain that was registered
is transferred in less than 30 days from date of registration there will
be an administrative transfer cost of $15.00 per domain assessed plus
applicable taxes. Domain registration is heavily subsidized, and therefore
this fee is required to ensure that we can continue to offer exceptionally
low cost domain registrations for our valued customers.
2. Domain Parking does NOT include Web Space or Virtual
1. Virtual Hosting will be active 24 hours after the initialization
process begins (Final Confirmation is e-mailed to the client with subject
'Final Service Confirmation'). This includes DNS Support and Web Hosting
HEAVY USER SERVER
1. This server is available by approval by a Senior HostMax
DISPUTES BETWEEN DOMAIN NAME HOLDERS AND THIRD PARTIES
The applicant acknowledges that any third party may, for
whatever reason, challenge the use by the applicant of the domain name
before an Administrative Domain Name Challenge Panel (ACP) in accordance
with the WIPO ACP rules. The applicant further acknowledges that the decisions
of an ACP may determine rights of applicant or other parties or both to
the use of a particular domain name, and that, with respect to its right
to use a particular domain name or names, it will be bound by ACP decisions
HostMax is a Web Hosting Service owned and
maintained by HostMax Inc.